Friday, November 25, 2005

#3 Nazarene

My 3rd favorite church is the largest holiness denomination: The Church of the Nazarene. This group has its roots in pentecostalism, but dropped the supposed excesses for which that movement came to be defined. Doctrinally the Nazarene Church is pretty much identical with my own denomination.

Bonus points go to the Nazarenes for 3 reasons
1. All the Nazarenes I know well are good friends
2. Their churches seem to have lots of pretty girls
3. I happily attended a Nazarene Church in Canada*


*Reason 3 may have been motivated by reasons 1 & 2

5 comments:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

#2 = good call lol

matthew said...

cute girls are a legitimate church growth principle

Jo said...

godly egalitarian men in influencial roles are also a legitimate church growth principle. ;)

sheesh, i might have to make one of these fav. church series.

matthew said...

Jo- Yah, but that would be spiritual growth. I'm only concerned with numbers. j/k.

I think the favorite churches thing is fun. creates gogd discussion.

Tammy- Yah, Aaron is my favorite Nazarene (no offense to my 2nd favorite, namely, any nazarene reading this). He's doing well. I'll tell him you said he was cool. :)

matthew said...

gogd ='s good