Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Jericho, Jericho

I wrote this song yesterday based on recent readings in Joshua. For more songs you never knew, click here



Marching around this city
How could it fall so simply?
Not a thing that I have done
Could have made this battle won
The enemy was in great fear
Before I was even near
Walls went down without a fight
The battle won was not by might

Jericho, Jericho
I have had my Jericho
And my victory has been won
By what I could not have done
Jericho, Jericho
And now I will always know
Though in the future I may fight
Victory will never be by might

Marching through that city
And all the things so pretty
Oh the treasures of this earth
Could a little plunder hurt?
The command you made was clear
There were still things I held dear
Oh, the price of selfish eyes
Oh, the price of hidden lies

Repeat Chorus

Marching from that city
Toward the land that's for me
All the kingdoms that must fall
For you to be my all in all
Town to town I'll always go
But I'll remember Jericho
I will have to fight the fight
But I'll never fight by might

Repeat Chorus

And all the ground that I can claim
Is through the power of your name
And though the battles may be rough
It's your power that's enough

Repeat Chorus

1 comment:

matthew said...

thanks tammy :)

yeah, it's always interesting to look at stuff we wrote years back. that's one of the best things about moving.