Thursday, September 29, 2005

Teaching

I often wonder if I could ever get away with teaching on a Sunday morning instead of preaching. And I don't mean as an exception, I mean as the general rule. I love teaching. That is where I sense God's gifting in my life. I like preaching. I would love to be able to interact on a Sunday morning. I'd love for people to feel free to raise their hand with a question. I wonder if I'll ever attempt to transition a church into a Sunday morning teaching format. The early church seemed to teach when believers were gathered and preach when they were out in the community.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to attend a church that had a more open style, preaching mixed with teaching, and it worked really well. The people got involved and spoke up adding their two cents on a subject or to ask questions. It was nice.

matthew said...

That's cool. Perhaps it is more common than I imagine :)