Sunday, September 11, 2005

Notes From Ordination

1. It stinks when ordination is the same day as the first Sunday of the NFL season. I had to miss the end of the Bills game. 2. It stinks when ordination service is a few minutes away from the before mentioned Bills game. This means there will be lots of traffic...which means you have to leave earlier...which means you have to miss even more of the Bills game. 3. Dr. Earl Wilson is a hit or miss preacher in my observation. Tonight's sermon was a home-run. 4. It kinda stinks being the only single person being ordained. Kinda puts the pressure on. 5. I like the Bible they got me. It's thin & stuff, unlike all my other Bibles. 6. They built me a cake. It was huge. 7. Many members of our congregation came. I was humbled. 8. I don't like being the center of attention. It's different when I preach/teach because then God's Word is the center of attention, but an ordination service is more person focused. 9. I got home in record time. I kinda like driving at night. I feel like the cops can't see me. 10. I think I'll go get another piece of cake. Later.

7 comments:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

congradulations on your ordination matthew :-D

matthew said...

thanks shane :)

Heather Durkee said...

Congrats Rev! Too bad that I couldn't have been ordained with yah. It would have been kind of cool...the two WNYers go to bethany...come back...and get ordained. Ah..it would have been a good story. I totally understand the bills traffic. Afterall, you can leave my parents house when it is going on because its a 2 minute walk. And-- my mom was there at the last game so it stinks to be you and cool for her!

Katie said...

I heard a rumor that the cops have night vision......

matthew said...

Perhaps

But in WNY they probably didn't survive the budget cuts!

Heather Durkee said...

what did survive budget cuts? Definitely not libraries & DMV's. One per county? That is ridiculous!

matthew said...

haha

thanks tammy