Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Biblical Antichrist

To conclude my investigation, I suppose I should look at what Scripture has to say about the Antichrist. Hmmm.....where to look. I KNOW! Revelation. I bet he's mentioned in every chapter. Looking. Looking. Looking. Hmmm. No Antichrist. Better Biblegateway the guy! Hey, turns out there are only 4 verses that use the term Antichrist. Let's look at what they tell us:

1 John 2:18...1 John 2:22
1 John 4:3...2 John 1:7

Well, from this it seems:
1. There were a whole bunch of antichrists in John's day 2. The Antichrist was on his way in John's day 3. The Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ 4. Anyone who denies Jesus' 1st coming is the Antichrist

Seems like my investigation has had a few major flaws. I've individualized 'the antichrist' too much. I've neglected 1st century people as possible candidates. I've made 'the antichrist' about power & politics istead of spiritual denial. Why did I do this? How? Tomorrow I will investigate where I got all these super-villain characteristics from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

== Risen Christ is Antichrist ==

The Risen Chirst is the Antichirst, the first beast that had the fatal wound that had been healed.

Paul of Tarsus was his false prophet, the second beast who was servent to the first beast and extended its authority everywhere, making the world and all its people worship the first beast.

If you don’t believe me, read the Bible and no! you will not die if you eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods.

~~~~John~~~~

Anonymous said...

“The number (name) of the beast: it is the number (name) of a man” Revelation 13:18 i.e. Jesus Christ.
“’Take care that no one deceives you (the twelve chosen); because many will come using my name and saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will deceive many’” Mathew 24:4

We know that the Antichrist has a false prophet:
“Beware of false prophets who come to you disguised as sheep but underneath are ravenous wolves. You will be able to tell them by their fruits. Can people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? In the same way, a sound tree produces good fruit but a rotten tree bad fruit. A sound tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor a rotten tree bear good fruit. Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown on the fire. I repeat, you will be able to tell them by their fruits. It is not those that say to me ‘Lord, Lord,’ who will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. When that day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!” Mathew 7:15-23

“Remember, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; so be cunning as serpents and yet harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16
“You will be hated by all men on account of my name; but the man who stands firm to the end will be saved.” Matthew 10:22
“If they have called they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, what will they not say of his household?” Matthew 10:25
“’If the world hates you, remember that it hated me before you.’” John15:18

Who does the world hate, Yahweh God or the serpent?
No, The serpent was the original Christ, the lamb slain from the foundation of the World. Yahweh God is the Dragon, The Risen Christ is the Antichrist and Paul of tarsus is the False Prophet.

“On these grounds is sentence pronounced: that though the light has come into the world men have shown that they prefer darkness to the light because their deeds were evil.
And indeed, everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, for fear his actions should be exposed; but the man who lives by the truth comes out into the light, so that it may be plainly seen that what he does is done in God” John 3:19-21

matthew said...

haha, john's spamming device hit me twice. I feel honored.