Sunday, July 17, 2005

God's Great Pursuit

I always find it interesting preaching twice in one morning. You'd think the 2nd sermon would always be a little better, but that's not what I've found. Some weeks I feel better about the 1st service, other weeks I feel better about the 2nd service. No reason or rhyme . Today I felt much better about the 1st one.

Today's sermon was kind of a 'Holy-Hound' type message. God is after us. Not to punish us, but to love us. Kind of a strange sermon b/c I used Daniel 1-4, Romans 1-3, and a CS Lewis quote synonymously.

Daniel 1: God whispers to Nebuchadnezzar
Daniel 2-3: God speaks to Nebuchadnezzar
Daniel 4: God shouts to Nebuchadnezzar

Romans 1: God whispers through creation
Romans 2: God speaks through conscience
Romans 3: God shouts through Christ's pain

CS Lewis: God whispers in our pleasures
CS Lewis: God speaks in our conscience
CS Lewis: God shouts in our pains

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that I really like your points on your presentation.

Paul

matthew said...

Well thanks Paul

Anyone else who reads this comment should check out Paul's blog. good stuff.