Sunday, June 12, 2005

Truth About Truth

My sermon today is about the truth. Here are some of the most interesting quotes I stumbled upon while preparing:

Truth exists, lies are invented (unknown)
Truth crushed to earth shall rise again: Th' eternal years of God are hers; But Error, wounded, writhes in pain, And dies among his worshippers. (Bear Bryant)
The man who fears no truths has nothing to fear from lies (Thomas Jefferson)
A truth that's told with bad intent Beats all the lies you can invent (William Blake)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act (George Orwell)
Oh what a tangled web we weave,When first we practise to deceive (Sir Walter Scott)
Lying makes a problem part of the future; truth makes a problem part of the past (Rick Petino)
I have now discovered that the most powerful weapon in the world is not the bomb but the truth (Andrei Sakharov)

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

Is it just me or do other people find that Matthews colors make the paragraph look 3D. It's funny.

matthew said...

my site actually IS 3D...it's a new HTML trick I learned

Once I perfect my skills, my site will be able to poke you in the eye.