Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sleepless

Band: The Waiting
Album: Wonderfully Made

Another night and sleep escapes me
Cling to my pillow like a bride
I pass the time closing corners of my mind
I have something there to hide

Oh Sin, Oh Sin
It leaves me here without
And hollowed out within
Oh Sin, Oh Sin
Like a fool to his folly
I keep coming back again


And His children are all sleepless
Inventing their excuses why
We play the game dividing up the blame
Against our Father's Own Reply

Repeat Chorus

And it leaves you far from home
It's a bright and burning fire
that leaves you cold as stone
It makes you everybody's friend
And leaves you desperately alone
It's a price too high to pay


Turn off the news and try to sleep now
Cause I'm loosing track of shooting sprees
And I can't abide another symptom analyzed
When it's all the same disease

Repeat Chorus

No comments: