Sunday, May 01, 2005

Dreams and Visions

In China a young girl shared an interesting testimony. She said last year, right after she became a Christian, God was giving her many visions for her future. Then she joined a church and started reading her Bible more and the visions ceased. Most people would prefer the visions, but not her. She said God had given her visions when she was weak in spirit, but now she was strong in spirit and God's Word was sufficient.

I had an interesting dream the other night. I was trying to expose an injustice that everyone else was trying to cover up. At the end I said, 'I just wanted to tell the truth.' Then I woke up. My first waking thought was...I gotta preach about honesty. And next time I get a Sunday morning that's exactly what I'm gonna do.
The two stories are only loosely connected. I think the more clearly God is revealed to us, the less likely we are to receive a divine vision or dream BUT visions/dreams are still a possibility for all Christians. What do you all think about dreams and visions?

No comments: