Sunday, March 20, 2005

Palm Sunday

A few months ago my Thursday men's group began a study in the Gospel of Mark and we've been making our way through bit by bit. This coming Thursday, of course, our church is doing a communion service for the whole congregation so I THOUGHT our study in Mark would have to be put on hold...but then I realized that last Thursday we left off at Mark 14:12, just in time for the 'Last Supper.' So my Thursday devotional will simply be the next passage in our Mark study. I thought that was neat.

On Sunday nights we've been going through the book of Revelation. Today being Palm Sunday, I wanted to somehow connect Chapter 7 to the triumphal entry. How in the world was I gonna do that? Well, it just so happens that the waving/laying of palms is only mentioned twice in the whole New Testament. John 12:13 at the triumphal entry and, you guessed it, Revelation 7:9. I thought that was neat too.

I am super organized when it comes to leading Bible studies , but not THAT organized. I really believe God is making these fun little connections. Why? Maybe just for my amusement! Who knows!?!? Not me.

But It does remind me that my Savior is in complete control. He's a Savior who knew exactly where a colt would be tied and exactly how to obtain it; A Savior who knew the people laying palm branches and cloaks at his feet would, in a matter of days, argue passionately for His murder; A Savior who knew the leadership of a city wanted Him dead, but rode in for all to see; A Savior who broke bread with a disciple He knew would betray Him in mere hours, and then sent him to complete that task.

Only Jesus would do all that He did knowing all that He knew.

No comments: