Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Search Begins

Sunday afternoon I was driving home from filling an empty pulpit when a vehicle started making strange noises and then stuttering. Unfortunately, it was the very same vehicle I was driving. I pulled into a parking lot and called for a ride and told the tow trucker where to take the motionless van.

The mechanic said it'd be repaired and ready to pick up the next morning. From past experience, I knew his predictions were very optimistic so I waited till afternoon to call. The guy on the phone said it was ready. I picked it up, paid the price, and drove back to work. A few hours later I started toward home, but strange noises accompanied me. By the time I reached the driveway the car was barely working at all. I was not impressed. Turns out, there was a mis-communication between mechanics. The van had only been fixed a little, it wasn't done. The guy on the phone/at the desk when I picked it up was mis-informed. It also turns out, they mis-diagnosed the problem and the real problem is bigger, but at least they gave me my money back.

So my search for a new car begins this week.

No comments: