Sunday, December 12, 2004

Self Entitled

At one point, I realized I had a pretty good handful of songs that really meant a lot to me...so, of course, I launched an imaginary music career...but I needed a catchy title for my CD project. Many times new artists self entitle their first CD, but I wanted to be original. So instead of my fake CD being self entitled, I actually named it Self Entitled. This song was written to justify that name.



verse 1
Many years of my life
I spent living in strife
Trying to find my own way
I thought I’d make my own road
I was in control
And I would be OK

Chorus
My life was self entitled
I thought I would stick to my old
Ways of doing things
I was lost and yes I knew it
But I thought I could get through it
If I stuck to my routine
Wasn’t the same as now (3x)
Living (2x) living self entitled

verse 2
Routines exactly what I got
Started believing this was not
The way to live my days
I started looking for some meaning
And this book I began reading
Had a brand new set of ways

repeat chorus

verse 3
Then one day next to my bed
It all made sense inside my head
I knew it was all real
I gave my life to Jesus Christ
And now I’m living like His life
And my future has been sealed

chorus 2
My life was self entitled
I thought I would stick to my old
Ways of doing things
But then the Lord came in my heart
And gave me a brand new start
And I’m living with the king
And I reign in Him (3x)No longer (2x)
no longer self entitled

No comments: