Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Of Reading Books...

I am always reading a few books. I have a book for pretty much every location. I have an office book, a car book, a bedroom book and, of course, a washroom book. And I've been reading some good stuff latelely, some of which I'll be posting about in the near future. I just finished "Josephus: The Essential Writings." Pretty good. I recently came across a new author that I really like so far. His name is David Bercot. I am enjoying, from said author, "Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up" and a topical dictionary of early Christian quotes. I am also reading Josh McDowell's book "The Last Christian Generation" because we, as a church, are looking to develop some strong foundational curriculum for our children. I have a couple more books on the way from Amazon as well. Have you been reading anything good lately?

2 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

depends on what you mean by good. my bathroom book has been a collection of philosophical essays on the Chronicles of Narnia. it has had some good essays and some not so good ones.

Jo said...

hmmm. i'm reading 'psychoanalytic method- an intersupjective approach." also, 'minding spirituality.' third, "decarte's baby". all three of those are for a paper. at work, (when the kid is sleeping), i read blogs, and also this national best-seller western novel whose title i can't remember. in the car, i'm listening to garrison keillor short stories, (sarcasm which make me laugh). and on my bedstand there is usually the bible, and some sort of art book checked out from the library.