Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is, by far, my favorite holiday. Family, Food & Football. Hard to beat that trio. I'm ready for a day off too. I'm pretty exhausted for some reason. I guess I've been doing more pastoral visitation than usual. Plus, I played about an hours worth of basketball tonight after I led the Thanksgiving Eve service. Speaking of that service, I kept my tradition (this was year #3) of reading the 'sermon on the mount' straight through without commentary/interuption. I like this tradition. It takes about 13 minutes. I just switch translations each year (NKJV, NIV, NLT). I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving (or, if you are in Canada, a happy Thursday). God bless.

VERSE OF THE DAY
They... order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

1 comment:

Jecca said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too...at the core of it, the whole day is about appreciating your family, your food, football :), and what you have. There are no expectations like presents. It just seems ideal to me. I hope yours went well! I was able to go home and have Thanksgiving lunch with my dad/his wife/matt. It was very special. And I brought back a lot of food, so I'm set for at least a week! :) My family is amazing.