Sunday, October 15, 2006

Beautiful Blog

I am switching metaphors. The other day I typed of my blog as my 2 year old child. But today I realized, sadly, that my blog is a lot like a girlfriend.

Both prefer daily attention
The more time invested, the better the result
Both get fancied up every so often
A new style once in a while keeps my interest
Both have their ups & downs
Some days it's not even worth posting
Both get hit on occasionally
Which lets me know I've got something good
Both connect me to many people
Since I am not very good at doing that myself

6 comments:

Steph said...

Interesting metaphore Matt...and btw blogroller is busted again

Heather Durkee said...

I changed my blog address. I am heathluvsing.blogspot.com

I thought it was time for a change. Please change the link on your site.

Erskine said...

A blog is also very much like a puppy:

Puppy: You need to take it out every so often or you'll know you ignored it with a mess your puppy wants you to clean up.
Blog: You need to take it out every so often or you'll know you ignored it with a mess your friends want you to clean up.

Puppy: It needs a noisy collar to remind you it's there - don't step on it!
Blog: It needs a noisy reminder (sometimes) to remind you it's there - update frequently!

Puppy: Once you've spent some time with it, it goes away so you can get some other things done.
Blog: Once you've spent some time with it, you hope to make it go away, though you don't want to get other things done.

Puppy: Everyone tells you how good it is to get one till you can't go on vacation without checking on it.
Blog: Everyone tells you how good it is to get one till you can't go on vacation without posting about the vacation, checking it once on the road, and posting everything when you get home.

Aaron Perry said...

you are clever. your blog is lucky to have you.

Kelly said...

Hey! Do I get a link on your site, too?? :-)

matthew said...

1. Yes, it is annoying
2. Yes, it is sad
3. Ok, done
4. Well done Lynn :)
5. And I'm lucky to have her
6. Yes, you do :)